Sunday, November 4, 2007

Using feeds and feed aggregators...

Hi guys!
Well, I must admit that during our last lesson on the lab I felt a little bit confused in having to do with feeds and feeds aggregators: at first I didn’t understand what the aim of the activity was, but when I started to learn something more about it I realized that feeds are very useful because they enable you to spare a lot of time in searching if your peers have updated their blogs: thanks to this new tool now with a simple view on your screen you can immediately see if they did it!!!

Playlists can be useful tools as well, as they help you organize all your favourite websites as well as your peers’ blogs into lists, so that you can have a general overview of the latest updates, isn’t it fantastic?!

Moreover, thanks to feed aggregators you can always receive all the most recent updates of the websites you chose to put on the playlist! For example, I subscribed to the BBC website and to two other very interesting sites: the first one is dictionary, which every day provides the meaning of particular or new words that you can usually find in newspapers..so if you’re simply too lazy to search for their meaning in paper dictionaries, this could be a very useful tool to keep always up-to-date about new words!;-) Another one is quotes of the day, where you can read the funniest quotes that people every day post on this site..why don’t you have a look and subscribe to it as well? ;-)
Let me know what you think!
See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Giada said...

Hi Silvia!
I was a little bit confused too in lab but then everything worked out and I was really satisfied with bloglines! I think we are going to use it a lot and that it will become a meaningful tool for our activities. Moreover, as you said, we can use it to insert our favourite websites and blogs so I guess we are going to use even when our English course will finish. By the way, I wanted to have a look to the websites about dictionaries and quotes that you have mentioned in your post but the links do not work, I mean, my computer can't find them right now so I think I'm going to try later!
See you tomorrow!
Giada

Elena B said...

Hi Silvia!
I had some initial doubts about the use of feed aggregators too but then I realized it can be a very handy tool not only for our English course but also for our personal interests or research on the Net. I subscribed other websites to Bloglines too: the BBC website, "The Times" web site and the one that Sarah mentioned in the lab last Wednesday, the one of the NPR National Public Radio.
See you tomorrow in class!
Elena

Letizia said...

Hi Silvia!
I was a little bit confused about feed aggregators too, but now I think they are very useful not to waste time searching around our course-blog for the posts of our peers. With the playlist we can have the opportunity to see when our peers write their posts at the same time and on the same page. It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Bye bye!
Letizia

Blogger said...

Hi everybody!
Yes, it's true, we were all a bit confused about feed aggregators. They seemed something mysterious made for tech-experts!
However here we are, using feed aggregators, creating playlists with our peers' blogs and becoming every day more familiar with computers and web utilities!
Aren't we great?!?:D
Thank you Elena for recalling the websites Sarah suggested us last Wed. I didn't remember NPR.
Bye bye my dear peers!